Spring 2016 Photography Exhibit
May 27th 2016, 6:00 PM — 9:00 PM
April 16th, 2016 : 9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
Dr. Martin Luther Jr. King Day of Service
January 18th, 2016 : 7:00 AM — 3:00 PM
CALL FOR ALL VOLUNTEERS & PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
Come celebrate the legacy of MLK by cleaning, gardening, & painting 'The Murals on Main Street'.
Be a part of history. All ages are welcome.
Parking & Meet-Up Areas
- Main St. and 10th (under I-110)
- Main St. and 22nd (Sacred Heart School Lots)
- The Walls Project
- Office of the Mayor-President
- Mid City Redevelopment Alliance
- City Year
- Cox Louisiana Jack & Jill Foundation
- Louisiana Delta Service Corps
- Forum 35
- Big Buddy Program
- PPG Paints
- Forwards Arts
- The Futures Fund
- Build The Fire
- Leadership BR
- Christian Outreach Ministries
- Small World Int'l
- Made Groceries
- Baton Rouge Music Studios
- WHYR Community Radio
- Elevator Projects
- Mid City Studios
- Village Project
- Destiny Center & Dialogue On Race Louisiana
Food & Beverages Available
- Free Coffee: Starbucks Coffee Company
- $1 Slices of Pizza: Schlitz & Giggles
- $1 Plates of Spaghetti & Meatballs: Our Cousin Vinny's Pasta Sauce
Student Photography Exhibit
November 12th, 2015 : 6:00 PM
We teach computer programming and design skills to youth.
This program leads to paid internships with local software companies and website design programs.
We teach documentary photography skills to youth.
This program leads to the creation of paid event and portrait photography opportunities as well as prints featured in local galleries to be sold publicly.
We teach how to create compelling copy for marketing materials, writing grants, and ethnographic story telling to youth. This program leads to paid opportunities with creative agencies, media/editorial, and and in some cases creating books to sell.
We teach the fundamentals of live and recorded music production as well as the essential skills of arts and entertainment management. This program leads to paid opportunities for sound engineers, mixing at concerts, and managing music and visual artists.
© 2015. The Futures Fund